Japanese Steamed Cod with Daikon
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 cups Dashi
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- Four 5-ounce cod fillets, skinned
- 1/2 cup finely grated daikon
- Thin strips of lemon zest, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, mix the dashi with the mirin and soy sauce. Whisk in the diluted cornstarch and simmer over low heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 30 minutes.
- Season the cod with salt. Top each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the grated daikon. Place the fillets in a steamer set over simmering water and steam over moderate heat until the fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cod to plates. Spoon the sauce around the fillets, garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.