- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
"Think fried rice meets pizza," says Chicago chef Grant Achatz, who makes this crazy-fun dish for dinner with his kids. You can pick your toppings, he says, but the most important one is the Manchego cheese, which has a flavor profile that's similar to miso.
- 2 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms—stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 5 ounces firm tofu, sliced
- 2 teaspoons unagi sauce (optional)
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 5 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup soy bean sprouts
- Kosher salt
- Togarashi and toasted white and black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 1 cup large bonito flakes
- 6 shiso leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375º. In a bowl, toss the mushrooms and soy sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a 9-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the oils. Press the rice into the skillet, about 1/4 inch thick. Cook over moderately high heat until the bottom is golden, 10 minutes. Top with the tofu in a single layer and drizzle with unagi sauce. Top with the shiitake, edamame, cheese and bean sprouts and season with salt. Sprinkle with togarashi and sesame seeds.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake on the top shelf for 15 minutes, until the top is golden. Slide the pizza onto a platter; top with the bonito, shiso and cilantro and serve.
Citrusy Belgian-style wheat: Hitachino Nest White Ale.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.