- 3 ounces dried cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Korean red pepper paste (kochujang)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- In a large bowl, cover the noodles with hot water and let stand until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderately high heat until lightly browned and fragrant, about 4 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. In another small bowl, whisk together the water, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, Korean pepper paste and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots and chives and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the cellophane noodles and stir-fry for 2 minutes longer. Reduce the heat to moderate. Add the soy sauce mixture and toasted sesame seeds and toss gently to coat the noodles and vegetables. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.