Warm Quinoa Salad
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Served at room temperature, this easy grain salad is a great healthy addition to a buffet table.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (see Note)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the quinoa with the water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until all of the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the olive oil with the vinegar, honey, shallot and thyme. Stir in the quinoa, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Rinsing quinoa before cooking removes its soapy, bitter coating.One Serving: 259 cal, 10 gm fat, 1.0 gm sat fat, 38 gm carb, 2.0 gm fiber.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.