- One 15-ounce bag frozen french fries made with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
Bake the french fries according to package directions until golden and crisp. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until light golden, about 3 minutes. Add the sage and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
In a large bowl, toss the fries with the garlic-sage butter and the pecorino until well coated. Season with pepper and serve at once.