- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of onion-rosemary focaccia
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 baby artichokes in oil, drained and quartered
- Four 1/4-inch-thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 basil leaves, torn
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 4 inches from the heat. Lay the focaccia slices on a baking sheet and drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Broil until the edges are browned, about 30 seconds per side. Working on the baking sheet, top the foccacia with the artichokes. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and arrange over the artichokes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, crack in the eggs and cook over moderately high heat until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Broil the focaccia for about 1 minute, until the mozzarella is just melted. Top each piece of focaccia with a fried egg, sprinkle with the basil and serve at once.