Crispy Curried Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
In F&W's grown-up version of chicken tenders, Melissa Rubel Jacobson crusts them with curry-inflected panko (Japanese bread crumbs) to make them extra crispy and serves them with a tangy mayonnaise-based lightly spicy sauce.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a food processor, blend the mayonnaise with the cilantro and lemon juice until the cilantro is finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate the dipping sauce until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder with the cayenne and 1 tablespoon of salt. Put the flour, eggs and panko in 3 shallow bowls. Stir 2 teaspoons of the curry powder mixture into the panko. Season the chicken tenders with the remaining curry powder mixture. Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour and shake off any excess, then dip them in the eggs and coat thoroughly with the panko mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the chicken tenders and fry over moderate heat until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken tenders. Serve with the cilantro dipping sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.