- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup filtered apple juice
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 slices of brioche or challah, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 rounded tablespoons Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and apple juice and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the cranberries, lemon zest and cinnamon and boil over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst, about 7 minutes.
Carefully press the hot jam through a coarse strainer into a medium bowl. Let cool completely.
Toast and butter the brioche slices. Spread with Nutella and top with the cranberry jam. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
The cranberry jam can be refrigerated for up to 1 month