- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup filtered apple juice
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 slices of brioche or challah, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 rounded tablespoons Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and apple juice and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the cranberries, lemon zest and cinnamon and boil over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst, about 7 minutes.
- Carefully press the hot jam through a coarse strainer into a medium bowl. Let cool completely.
- Toast and butter the brioche slices. Spread with Nutella and top with the cranberry jam. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
The cranberry jam can be refrigerated for up to 1 month