- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes (see Note)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon jerk paste
- Fresh thyme leaves, for sprinkling
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 500°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt, garlic, onion and thyme. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Spread the chicken on the baking sheet in a single layer and spray with vegetable oil. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning once or twice, until browned and crispy.
In a bowl, whisk the hot sauce with the butter and jerk paste until combined. Add the chicken wings to the sauce and toss. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and serve.
Wingettes and drumettes are often sold separately.