- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot jam or orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Stir in the eggs just until blended, then add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Strain the batter.
- Set a 6-inch crêpe pan or nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Dip a paper towel into the remaining melted butter and lightly grease the pan. When it is hot, pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter and tilt the pan to evenly cover the bottom; pour any excess batter back into the bowl. Cook the crêpre until lightly browned on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip the crêpe and cook it briefly on the other side, about 30 seconds. Turn the crêpe out onto a plate and continue making crêpes as described, lightly greasing the pan as necessary. you should have about 24 crêpes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of jam over each crêpe; fold them in half and half again to make triangles. Arrange the folded crêpes in a buttered baking dish and cover with a double layer or plastic wrap. Cover with foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, preheat the oven to 400°. Let the crêpes thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes. Spread the pecan pieces in a pan and toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Remove the foil and the plastic wrap from the crêpes in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until just heated through; do not overbake, or they will dry out.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium nonreactive skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until dissolved. Add the orange juice and boil over high heat until concentrated in flavor and reduced to 2/3 cup. Add the bourbon. Pour the hot sauce over the crêpes and garnish with the pecans. Serve 3 crêpes per person with some sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.