- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup small mint sprigs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- One 3-ounce pouch liquid pectin
- 1 drop green food coloring
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and mint. Using a wooden spoon, crush the mint into the sugar to release its fragrance. Add the water and vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil until the sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Add the jalapeños and boil hard for 2 minutes. Add the liquid pectin and food coloring and boil for 30 seconds.
- Strain the jalapeño-mint jelly through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup. Carefully pour the jelly into 4 hot sterilized 1/2-pint jars without creating many bubbles; stop 1/4 inch from the top. If necessary, use a small knife to pop any bubbles. Wipe the glass rims and close the jars. Set them in a water bath and bring to a boil. Process for 10 minutes.
Grilled lamb chops.