- 1 jalapeño, poked with a knife
- 1 1/3 cups tequila
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (10 limes)
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Kosher salt and ice
- In a jar, steep the jalapeño and tequila; keep at room temperature for 3 days.
- Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeño. Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt. Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.