- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
This spicy glaze is a great holiday present for anyone who relishes a quick hit of heat. Refrigerate it for up to one week.
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
- 1 scallion, white and tender green only, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly, preferably jalapeño pepper jelly (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- APPLICATIONS: On a work surface, using the side of a large knife, mash the scallion, garlic and ginger with the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until a coarse paste forms. Transfer the paste to a small saucepan. Stir in the hot pepper jelly and vinegar and bring to a boil. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool.
- Brush on chicken, pork chops, spareribs and pork tenderloin during the last few minutes of grilling, broiling or roasting and cook until glossy.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.