Jalapeño Chicken Salad Sandwich
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Fresh jalapeños add a zesty flavor to this lunchtime classic.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeños, or to taste, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread or 4 buns
- Arugula, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomato and pickles, for serving (optional)
- In a large pot cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chile powder. Stir in the chicken, jalapeños and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread chicken salad over 4 slices of bread, top with desired toppings and cover with remaining slices of bread.