Jade Broccoli with Pecans
- SERVINGS: 4
Shirley Sarvis was conducting food-and-wine-pairing seminars in 1982 across the country when she developed this unusual warm salad made with peeled broccoli stalks. She recommends serving it with a Brut Champagne.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and shredded broccoli stalks (from 3 pounds broccoli)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 very thin slices of prosciutto
- In a small skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter over low heat. Add the pecans and sauté until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Steam the broccoli until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well and toss with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and the salt. Mound the broccoli on plates or in bowls and sprinkle the pecans on top. Arrange a slice of prosciutto alongside and serve.