- Two 6-ounce cans Italian tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread or 4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Brush the olive oil on the bread or ciabatta. Spread the tuna on 4 slices of the bread and top with onion slices. Close the panini.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in the skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan. Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the filling is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Cut the panini in half and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.