- 2 shallots
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 white ciabatta bread rolls
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 18 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 4 slices parma ham
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
How to make this recipe
- Peel and finely slice the shallots, then put them into a little bowl; add the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Leave this to macerate while preparing the rest.
- Cut each peach into 8 slices and put them into a serving bowl.
- Slice open the bread rolls and brush them with olive oil on each side.
- Heat a griddle pan until it’s really hot, then grill the oiled ciabatta until charred marks appear on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the bowl with the peaches.
- Tear the mozzarella into chunks and add to the bowl, together with the mint and basil.
- Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together in a little bowl and pour over the salad, together with the shallots and their liquid.
- Tear the bread into chunks and scatter over the salad, toss the salad, season with salt and pepper, and leave it to soak for 10 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, scatter pieces of parma ham over each portion.
Contributed By Anne Faber Photo © Anne Faber