- 1 pound medium-grain Italian couscous (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot to salted water to a boil. Add the Italian couscous and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender but still chewy, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return the Italian couscous to the pot. Add the butter and Parmesan and stir over low heat until melted. Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve.