Israeli Couscous and Corn Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
Peppercorn-sized Israeli couscous, corn, red pepper and a lime-honey dressing combine in a summery salad.
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous (about 1/2 pound) (See Note)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir in 2 teaspoons of salt, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand, stirring once, until the grains are plump and tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the corn, onion, coriander and caraway and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the couscous to the bowl, along with the bell pepper, jalapeños, scallions and mint. In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, vinegar, honey and lime zest. Add to the couscous and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.