Island Salad with Shallot-Soy Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 6
This Mustique-inspired salad is based on one of Eric Ripert's dishes.
- 1/4 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or other mild oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound haricots verts or thin green beans
- 1/2 pound mesclun
- 1/2 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a blender, combine the onion with the vinegar, shallot, soy sauce and ginger and puree. Add the oil and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the haricots verts in boiling salted water until barely tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the avocado, mango, bell pepper, cucumber, haricots verts and the dressing. Mound the salad on plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.