- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
San Francisco’s Buena Vista restaurant claims to have made America’s first Irish Coffee, in 1952. One of their patrons, a travel writer named Stanton Delaplane, tasted the drink at Shannon Airport in Ireland and helped the restaurant re-create it.
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 ounces hot brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey, preferably Bushmills
- Dollop of unsweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- In a warmed mug or heatproof glass, stir the sugar into the coffee until dissolved. Stir in the whiskey, then garnish the drink with the whipped cream.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.