Instant Spiced Apple Cider-Cranberry Sauce
- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 4 cups
This fast and easy cranberry sauce is spiced with fragrant cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom.
Slideshow: More Cranberry Recipes
Plus: Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide
- Two 12-ounce bags fresh or frozen cranberries (6 cups)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries and apple cider with the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat, coarsely mashing the berries with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is softened and jamlike, about 5 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Make AheadThe cranberry sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.