- Two 12-ounce bags fresh or frozen cranberries (6 cups)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries and apple cider with the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat, coarsely mashing the berries with a wooden spoon, until the sauce is softened and jamlike, about 5 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
The cranberry sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.