Infused Sugar Syrups
- ACTIVE: 5 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 1/4 cups
Party Plan Have the infused syrups ready before the party; your friends can strain them and decorate the bottles.
Note For The Gift Tag "Add to hot or iced tea; mix with vodka or a crisp, dry white wine like Pinot Grigio; use as a poaching liquid for apples, pears, prunes or dried apricots. The infused syrups can be refrigerated for up to 3 months."
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- GREEN TEA&AMP;#150;HONEY SYRUP In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Add the flavorings (see below). Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a clean bottle or jar and refrigerate.
- In Step 1, add the zest of 1 orange removed in large strips with a vegetable peeler, and 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries.
- In Step 1, add the zest of 2 limes removed in large strips with a vegetable peeler, along with 3 mint sprigs.
- In Step 1, add 2 bags of green tea. In Step 2, stir 1 tablespoon of orange-blossom honey into the green tea–infused syrup just before straining it.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.