- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallot, garlic and ginger and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of water and whisk until blended. Whisk in the sugar, crushed red pepper, coriander, cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce; if a thinner sauce is desired, whisk in a little more water. Transfer the sauce to a medium bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
The sauce can be refrigerated for 1 week.
Use this sauce on chicken skewers, beef satay or warm noodles.