Indian Tofu Scramble with Spinach
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound firm silken tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch florets (2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 3 cups baby spinach (3 ounces)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread the tofu on paper towels to drain for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the cauliflower and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 12 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cumin, coriander and turmeric and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tofu and cook over moderately high heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the scramble onto plates and serve.
Zippy, minerally Muscadet.