Indian Summer Cup
- SERVINGS: Makes about 24 drinks
Master bartender Wayne Collins prefers using premium, naturally sweetened tonic water (sometimes called Indian tonic water) in this punch. Q Tonic, made with agave nectar, and Fever-Tree, sweetened with cane sugar, are both excellent brands. (They're available at amazon.com.)
- One 1-liter bottle gin, preferably London dry
- One 1-liter bottle Carpano Antica Formula (sweet Italian vermouth)
- 8 ounces St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 8 ounces crème de pêche (peach liqueur)
- 24 ounces Lemon Syrup
- 16 ounces unfiltered apple juice
- 32 ounces chilled tonic water
- 16 ounces chilled sparkling water
- 1 sliced green apple, 2 sliced peaches, 6 long, thin cucumber slices and 1/4 cup torn mint leaves (optional), for garnish
- In a punch bowl, combine the gin, vermouth, elderflower and peach liqueurs, Lemon Syrup and apple juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Stir in the tonic water and sparkling water. Add ice and garnish with the apple, peaches, cucumber and mint leaves.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.