- 3 small carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/4 pound baby spinach (4 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Two 6-ounce sea bass fillets with skin, each halved crosswise
How to make this recipe
- In a medium skillet, combine the carrots, shallot, sugar, 1/4 cup of stock and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cover partially and simmer over moderate heat until the liquid evaporates and the carrots are tender. Add the sugar snaps and 2 tablespoons of stock and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, cover and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the spices. Season the bass with salt and the spices. Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the fish and cook over high heat, turning once, until cooked through. Serve the bass on the vegetables.
One Serving 118 cal, 7.5 gm fat, 1.2 gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.