Indian-Spiced Sea Bass with Spinach, Peas and Carrots
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 small carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/4 pound baby spinach (4 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Two 6-ounce sea bass fillets with skin, each halved crosswise
- In a medium skillet, combine the carrots, shallot, sugar, 1/4 cup of stock and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cover partially and simmer over moderate heat until the liquid evaporates and the carrots are tender. Add the sugar snaps and 2 tablespoons of stock and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, cover and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the spices. Season the bass with salt and the spices. Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the fish and cook over high heat, turning once, until cooked through. Serve the bass on the vegetables.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.