- 2 pounds fresh or frozen edamame (soybeans in their pods; see Note)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pickle masala or pure chile powder (see Note)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large steamer basket, steam the edamame, covered, until the beans are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the edamame to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and pickle masala. Season with salt and pepper.
You can buy frozen edamame at most supermarkets. Both pickle masala, a blend of ground spices used to make spicy Indian relishes, and pure chile powder are available at Kalustyan's, 800-352-3451 or kalustyans.com.