- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Four 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 whole wheat pita breads, top thirds trimmed off
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 tablespoons roasted and salted shelled sunflower seeds
- 6 cups lightly packed mesclun
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts (2 ounces)
- Light a grill. Lightly oil the grate. Rub the chicken cutlets with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Lightly brush the pita breads with olive oil and grill, turning, just until heated through but not crisp, about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt with the honey, carrot, cilantro, scallion, currants and 1/2 tablespoon of the sunflower seeds. Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch pieces and add them to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Fill each pita with 1 cup of mesclun and 1 cup of the chicken salad. Tuck the alfalfa sprouts in the side, sprinkle with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.