Idaho Potato Chips
- ACTIVE: 50 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 5 Idaho baking potatoes, peeled
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes 1/16 inch thick. Rinse the slices under cold water and put them in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of salt. Add cold water to cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the bowl. Add water to cover and let soak for 1 more hour. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350° over moderately high heat. Working in small batches, fry the potato chips, stirring a few times, until golden, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potato chips to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.