- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds (from a 1.8-ounce jar)
- 8 green-tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart pure pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and fennel seeds to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the sugar and let cool. Add the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and lemon and orange slices. Serve in tall glasses over ice.
The tea can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
Published January 2004