Iced Pomegranate-Fennel Green Tea
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 quarts
This refreshing tonic combines green tea with two popular Indian beverages—freshly squeezed pomegranate juice and fennel-seed tea.
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds (from a 1.8-ounce jar)
- 8 green-tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart pure pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and fennel seeds to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the sugar and let cool. Add the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and lemon and orange slices. Serve in tall glasses over ice.
Make Ahead The tea can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.