Iced Pomegranate-Fennel Green Tea
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 quarts
This refreshing tonic combines green tea with two popular Indian beverages—freshly squeezed pomegranate juice and fennel-seed tea.
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds (from a 1.8-ounce jar)
- 8 green-tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart pure pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and fennel seeds to a boil. Reduce the heat to low; simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the sugar and let cool. Add the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and lemon and orange slices. Serve in tall glasses over ice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.