- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger (about 2 ounces)
- 2 ounces mint sprigs, leaves only
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon slices for garnish
- 1 1/2 liters chilled sparkling water or seltzer
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, honey and water and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the ginger and half of the mint leaves and let stand until cooled, about 1 hour.
- Strain the liquid into a large pitcher, pressing hard on the ginger and mint leaves to extract as much of the liquid as possible; discard the solids. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining mint leaves, the lemon juice and the lemon slices to the pitcher. Stir in the sparkling water and serve in tall glasses over ice.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 1 week.