Icebox Strawberry Jam
- ACTIVE: 5 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 cup
- 1 pint strawberries, thickly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Small pinch of five-spice powder (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries with the honey, lemon zest and five-spice powder and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.