Ice Cream with Caramelized Peaches
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 firm, ripe peaches—peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 pint good-quality vanilla ice cream
- In a heavy medium skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the peaches, sprinkle with the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peaches are tender and the juices are slightly reduced, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Spoon the ice cream into bowls and top with the peaches.