Ice Cream Bonbon Pops
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN plus freezing time
- SERVINGS: about 18 bonbons
You will need a small, half-ounce ice cream scoop to make these pops, which were inspired by movie-theater snacks.
- Crushed popcorn
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, or your favorite flavor
- About eighteen 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Crushed candy, such as Sno-Caps, Whoppers, Skittles and M&M’s
- Place 2 parchment paper–lined large plates in the freezer for 15 minutes. Spread out crushed popcorn on a baking sheet. Using an ice cream scoop and working quickly, scoop out 9 ice cream balls and place on top of the popcorn. Return the pint of ice cream to the freezer so it doesn’t melt. Roll the balls in the popcorn to coat, pressing to help it adhere. Insert sticks into the centers of the balls, then transfer the bonbons to one of the frozen plates and transfer to the freezer. Repeat with the candy and remaining ice cream and plate. Freeze the bonbons until they are completely firm, about 30 minutes.