- 1 head garlic
- 1 pound tube pasta
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut the top 1/4 inch off the garlic, then sprinkle the head of garlic with a pinch of salt and wrap in foil. Roast the garlic in the oven until golden, about 45 minutes. Squeeze the garlic cloves from the skins and reserve.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, then drain.