- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Easy Hummus with Tahini
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a vigorous boil. Cover the saucepan, remove from the heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and gently shake the pan to crack the shells. Fill the pan with cold water and shake gently. Add ice cubes and let the eggs stand until chilled.
- Drain and peel the eggs; pat dry. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the yolks into a bowl. Add the hummus, mayonnaise and lemon juice and finely mash with a fork. Season the filling with salt and cayenne. Pipe or spoon the filling into the egg white halves. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
The filling and egg whites can be refrigerated separately overnight.