- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips discarded, wings cut in half at the joint
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, mix the sour cream with 2 tablespoons of the rice vinegar and the scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
In a saucepan, combine the Sriracha, sambal oelek and the remaining 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted; keep warm.
In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°. Pat the wings dry and fry in batches until crisp and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour the hot chile sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve with the dipping sauce.