- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 quince—peeled, cored and finely chopped
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- Two 3- to 4-inch cinnamon sticks, broken
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine the cider, wine, honey, quince, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and lemon zest in a large saucepan and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Strain the mulled cider and discard the solids. Serve the mulled cider warm.
The strained mulled cider can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat before serving.