Hot Mulled Cider
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
Ken Oringer preheats the Thermos he uses to transport his deliciously spiced cider by filling it with boiling water and letting it sit for a few minutes. Pouring the mulled cider into a Thermos that's already warm helps keep the drink hot.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 quincepeeled, cored and finely chopped
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- Two 3- to 4-inch cinnamon sticks, broken
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine the cider, wine, honey, quince, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and lemon zest in a large saucepan and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Strain the mulled cider and discard the solids. Serve the mulled cider warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.