© Keller & Keller
Hot Mulled Cider
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
Ken Oringer preheats the Thermos he uses to transport his deliciously spiced cider by filling it with boiling water and letting it sit for a few minutes. Pouring the mulled cider into a Thermos that's already warm helps keep the drink hot.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 quincepeeled, cored and finely chopped
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- Two 3- to 4-inch cinnamon sticks, broken
- 4 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine the cider, wine, honey, quince, rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and lemon zest in a large saucepan and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Strain the mulled cider and discard the solids. Serve the mulled cider warm.
Make AheadThe strained mulled cider can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat before serving.