- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
How to make this recipe
- In a heatproof medium bowl, combine both of the chocolates with the butter. Set the bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and blended. Remove the bowl and set aside. Pour the water out of the saucepan.
- In the saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, salt and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and whisk in the melted chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and shiny, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Use immediately or let cool completely and refrigerate. Rewarm in a microwave before serving.
The hot fudge sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.