- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
How to make this recipe
In a heatproof medium bowl, combine both of the chocolates with the butter. Set the bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and blended. Remove the bowl and set aside. Pour the water out of the saucepan.
In the saucepan, combine the corn syrup, sugar, salt and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to moderate and whisk in the melted chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and shiny, 18 to 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Use immediately or let cool completely and refrigerate. Rewarm in a microwave before serving.
The hot fudge sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.