- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
"Ask most bartenders about the molecular difference between the acid in citrus and the acid in apples, and they're lost," says Sebastian Reaburn. In this fizz, he pairs tart apple juice with hot chile, which adds great heat and a zingy, slightly sweet pepper taste.
- One 1-inch piece of hot chile, seeded, plus 1 chile for garnish
- 2 ounces unfiltered apple juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces chilled club soda
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, gently muddle the piece of chile. Add ice and the apple juice, lime juice and Simple Syrup and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass. Stir in the club soda and garnish with the chile and lime wedge.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.