- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup drained prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices Gruyère cheese (3 ounces)
- 6 all-beef hot dogs, slit lengthwise
- 6 thin slices of lean bacon
- 6 hot dog buns
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, honey, shallots, chives and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Place a slice of cheese in the center of each splayed hot dog, breaking the slice if necessary to fit it in. Wrap a slice of bacon around each hot dog and secure it with toothpicks.
Arrange the hot dogs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the upper third of the oven until the bacon is crisp, about 12 minutes. Place each hot dog in a bun and serve, passing the horseradish sauce on the side.