- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 medium plum tomatoes—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pimentón (optional, see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, pulse the onion with the cilantro until finely chopped. Add the tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, <em>pimentón</em> and cayenne and pulse just until blended. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and season with salt.
The salsa can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Pimentón or Spanish paprika, is available in many styles, from sweet to smoky. The pimentón from La Vera, in the Cáceres region, is ground from dried red peppers smoked over oak. It is available at Latin markets.