Hot Chilean Salsa
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 CUPS
This wonderful Chilean salsa is a fine complement to soups, stews and grilled meats. It also makes a quick marinade for chicken, pork or grilled vegetables.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 medium plum tomatoes—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pimentón (optional, see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- In a food processor, pulse the onion with the cilantro until finely chopped. Add the tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, pimentón and cayenne and pulse just until blended. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.