Hot Buttered Rum
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Spiking this hot toddy with a dark rum like Gosling's gives it an especially rich flavor.
- 1 cup dark rum
- Four 6-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- In a small bowl, blend the butter with the brown sugar and vanilla. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and apple juice to a boil. Place a cinnamon stick in each of 4 mugs or heatproof glasses. Add 1/4 cup of the rum, 1/2 cup of the boiling liquid and a heaping half tablespoon of the vanilla butter to each mug. Stir with the cinnamon stick and serve at once.