- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Cut the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour in the milk and stir gently with a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together.
- On a floured surface, pat the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick round. using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, stamp out 8 biscuits. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and brush the tops with milk. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.