Hot and Spicy Cucumbers
- SERVINGS: 4 SIDE-DISH SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- About 1 teaspoon Hot Chile Paste
- 2 European cucumberspeeled, halved, seeded and sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, salt and sugar. Six minutes before serving, set a wok over high heat. When it's very hot, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic, ginger and Hot Chile Paste and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the cucumbers and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the wok and stir-fry until the cucumbers are softened but still slightly crisp in the center, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve hot or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.