- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 4 scallions3 minced, 1 thinly sliced
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces medium-soft tofu, drained and diced
- 4 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, heat the canola oil. Add the ground pork, minced scallions, ginger and garlic and stir-fry over moderately high heat until the pork is cooked through. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the tofu, mushrooms, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, Tabasco, pepper and 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil and return the soup to a simmer.
- Whisk the cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of water; whisk into the soup. Whisk in the eggs and simmer for 1 minute. Drizzle with the remaining sesame oil, sprinkle with the sliced scallion and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.