- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 6 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Six 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced lengthwise 1 inch thick
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Six 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan, combine the mango, jalapeños, vinegar, sugar, water and shallot. Cover and simmer until the mango is softened, 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mango mixture to a food processor and puree; scrape into a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Wipe out the food processor. Add the cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper and salt and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a large, shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Fill a third shallow bowl with flour. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them in the eggs, then roll them in the cornflake mixture.
- Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil. Working in batches, fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown, 6 minutes; transfer to the rack. Set the fried chicken on the tortillas and top with the mango slaw. Roll up and eat right away.
Full-bodied, fruity Chardonnay.